The longer conflict goes on in the Middle East, the more it becomes clear that Iran is the ringleader of Islamofascism there. Iran has long been a state sponsor of terrorism, supporting such groups as Hezbollah, HAMAS, and Al-Qaida, both with monetary and material support. It is now a known fact that the missiles Hezbollah has been firing into Israel originated in Iran and Syria. Recent news indicates that Iranians are fighting with Hezbollah in Lebanon. There have even been rumors that Hezbollah’s initial actions were taken only after they were given permission by Iranian Ayatollahs.
In reality, the current fighting between Israel and Hezbollah in Lebanon is nothing more than a proxy war between the United States and Iran; the problem is that the diplomats and politicians cannot speak about it in those plain terms.
In the coming weeks, it may well be that the world will see plain and clear just what kind of threat Iran poses. A UN resolution orders Iran to give up their nuclear program by August 31; Iran has already hinted at some announcement or revelation on August 22 (I only hope Iran doesn’t announce it has nukes on my birthday…or do something even worse).
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has proven himself to be an anti-Semitic, unstable religious zealot with a flair for the somewhat insane. Taken holistically, he is not the kind of leader who is to be trusted with any sort of weapons, much less the nuclear sort. He has stated publicly that he believes that the Holocause never happened; it was just a bunch of Zionist propaganda made up to raise sympathy for the Jews. He has also stated that he believes that nuclear weapons are a God- (or Allah)-given right to the nation of Iran. It is also suspected that he believes that it is his role to bring about the return of the twelfth Imam…kind of like the Second Coming of Christ, only instead of world events hinting of the Imam’s return, Ahmadinejad believes that it is the duty of Muslims to instigate Armageddon, which will bring about the Imam’s return and hail the rise of the global domination of Islamofascism.
Everything about Ahmadinejad shows that he has been effectively indoctrinated in Iran’s propaganda-driven schools, and has bought the party line with a vengance. The world would do well not to trust him, or any other government leader in Iran.
President Bush has indicated in past speeches that his overall goal in the War on Terror is to change the face of the Middle East. The problem is that the Middle East is resisting the change – and small wonder, considering that Islamofascism has kept much of the region in a state strongly resembling the Second Century. As the West pushes harder for change in the region, the more obvious it becomes that change is sorely needed there. Islamofascism has become a threat to the entire globe – Muslim terrorists have attacked America, England, France, Spain, Jordan, India, and others, with no signs of stopping. Muslims in Indonesia, Australia, and elsewhere have tried to justify rapes and beheadings of teenage girls with the defense of “they weren’t wearing burka’s.” This kind of Islam (know as Wahhabism) is a danger to the world, as well as the very peole living under its thumb, especially the women, who are oppressed, and the children, who are put into fundamental religious schools and brainwashed into hating Jews and the West.
Now more than ever the Middle East needs to be freed from the clutches of extremist Islam, which has itself become a threat to the entire world. The problem is that political correctness has hampered our politicians and diplomats, keeping them from calling this conflict what it is: the War on Islamofascism. In the overall War on Terror, there are other threats than extremist Islam, but none more dangerous. It is high time that the world came to the realization that we can no longer afford to play politically correct games with terrorists, or play at diplomacy with terrorist states. We have to be united. We have to be strong. Or we will be overrun.
By the way, I found some interesting facts about Israel that you won’t see in the mainstream media; they pretty much debunk the “they stole their land” argument by the Israel-haters.
- Israel became a state in 1312 BC, two millenia before Islam.
- Arab refugees from Israel began calling themselves “Palestinians” in 1967, two decades after (modern) Israeli statehood.
- After conquering the land in 1272 BC, Jews ruled it for a thousand years and maintained a continuous presence there for 3,300 years.
- The only Arab rule following conquest in 633 AD lasted just 22 years.
- For over 3,300 years, Jerusalem was the Jewish capital. It was never the capital of any Arab or Muslim entity. Even under Jordanian rule, (East) Jerusalem was not made the capital, and no Arab leader came to visit it.
- Jerusalem is mentioned over 700 times in the Bible, but not once is it mentioned in the Qar’an.
- King David founded Jerusalem; Mohammed never set foot in it.
- Jews pray facing Jerusalem; Muslims face Mecca. If they are between the wto cities, Muslims pray facing Mecca, with their backs to Jerusalem.
- In 1948, Arab leaders urged their people to leave, promising to cleanse the land of Jewish presence. 68% of them fled without ever setting eyes on an Israeli soldier.
- Virtually the entire Jewish population of Muslim countries had to flee as the result of violence and pogroms.
- Some 630,000 Arabs left Israel in 1948, while close to a million Jews were forced to leave the Muslim countries.
- In spite of the vast territories at their disposal, Arab refugees were deliberately prevented from assimilating into their host countries. Of 100 million refugees following WWII, they are the only group to have never integrated with their coreligionists. Most of the Jewish refugees from Europe and Arab lands were settled in Israel, a country no larger then New Jersey.
- There are 22 Muslim countries, not counting Palestine. There is only one Jewish state. Arabs started all five wars against Israel, and lost every one of them.
- FATAH and HAMAS constitutions still call for the destruction of Israel. Israel ceded most of the West Bank and all of Gaza to the Palestinian Authority, and even provided it with arms.
- During the Jordanian occupation, Jewish holy sites were vandalized and were off limits to Jews. Under Israeli rule, all Muslim and Christian holy sites are accessible to all faiths.
- Out of 175 United Nations Security Council resolutions up to 1990, 97 were against Israel; out of 690 General Assembly resolutions, 429 were against Israel.
- The UN was silent when the Jordanians destroyed 58 Synagogues in the Old City of Jerusalem. It remained silent while Jordan systematically desecrated the ancient Jewish cemetary on the Mount of Olives, and it remained silent when Jordan enforced apartheid laws preventing Jews from accessing the Temple Mount and Western Wall.
***UPDATE: Finally, nearly five years after 9/11, President Bush has named our true enemy, stating this morning in a speech, “This nation is at war with Islamic fascists who will use any means to destroy those of us who love freedom, to hurt our nation.”
***UPDATE 2: Headline: “US Muslims bristle at Bush term ‘Islamic fascists'”
What they try to gloss over in this report is that the criticism is coming from the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), who, in union with the media, tries to censor any mainstream condemnation of Islamic terrorists. The director of CAIR was quoted as saying, “We ought to take advantage of these incidents to make sure that we do not start a religious war against Islam and Muslims.” The problem: this is a religious war, whether we like it or not. The US isn’t being attacked by Christian, or Jewish, or Buddhist, or Hindu, or Shinto terrorists. We are under attack by Islamic fascist terrorists. Iran, an Islamic fascist state, is our enemy. Saudi Arabia, an Islamic fascist state (though not quite as fascist as Iran) was the home of most of the 9/11 hijackers. Strangely, even though we are at war with Islamic Islamic fascists, CAIR thinks it is “ill-advised” and “counter-productive” to frame the war in those terms.
What the report fails to mention is that CAIR officials have been investigated, and some even arrested, for actively supporting Islamo-fascist terrorist groups. Why we should let CAIR define anything having to do with the war is beyond me.